January 4, 2011

Vermiculture Resolutions for 2011

I am not a fan of making new year's resolutions but it is something that I will do for my home vermicomposting project.

My workload didn't allow me to spend time on vermiculture forcing me to increase price to discourage orders. My first resolution has something to do with pricing.

First, I will exert effort to bring African Nightcrawler prices down to at least Php800.00 per kilogram. This means I have to look for cooperators who would also propagate earthworms in their backyards.

Second, I will make it more convenient to customers to buy earthworms by engaging retail partners around NCR.

Third, I will post more frequently and blog on organic gardening and solid waste management.

I hope I get to encourage more people to do home vermicomposting by doing all the things I listed above. More people getting into vermiculture means less garbage. Less garbage means a lot of savings.

1 comment:

ibongmandaragit said...

Hi Sir/Madam:

I am into home based vermi-composting ... may aim is to promote no cost farming- organic method up in a mountain village of Antipolo city.

I am also inclined to know more about natural farming ... Ang layo ng hilig ko from may course...

Grad ako ng Philosophy... pero i am into environmental advocacy.