December 5, 2010

Wicking Bed Technology For Your Organic Garden

Web search can lead to interesting and USEFUL sites as what happened to me last week.

I was searching for ways to lessen watering frequency due to current work load. The search led me to a website on wicking bed technology. It also has technology that combines wick beds and vermicomposting worms called wicking worm beds.

What's so great about wicking bed technology? It features a water reservoir that conserves water and lessens watering frequency. The technology also features an anaerobic component that results in better carbon sequestration.

Check out the story of the Australian engineer, Mr. Colin Austin, who developed the wicking bed technology.

I will be trying out wicking worm beds for growing organic vegetables and herbs, I hope sooner than later.

No comments: